At last it’s finished… not because it’s too much work but because my daughter is not able to stand still for longer that five seconds, trying the skirt to make the hem it’s been quite an odyssey.
I’ve not make a dress but two skirts and a body, this way it’s easy to put on and you can use it on other costumes. The below skirt is a circular skirt, you can find many tutorials on internet of how to draw the pattern, I have used this one. I’ve made it quite wide on the waist and with a long hem, this way we can use it for a long time.
The upper skirt is done with the same pattern, but dividing it on eight pieces instead of two. I have sewn the pieces and then I’ve placed an elastic cord along the seam, to get it creased. The fabric is similar to silk, my daughter came with me to the fabric store and she fell in love with it. I am not sure it can be seen on the photo be the upper part its quite bright.
I had planned to make all the body with the velvet fabric, but I was short on fabric… the pattern is a basic tee and the sleeves are made with a half moon on the upper part and a rectangle on the lower. I have sewn them together and place another elastic cord to get them creased. On the back I used some snaps, it’s more comfortable for her than a zip.